Coenraad van der Walt CA(SA) GR(SA)
- The clients we aim for and the services we offer are focused on businesses we can partner with and services we can be passionate about.
- This was a major item a few years ago but it has come back in the spotlight
- Making sure that quality is a major factor for partner admission and remuneration, monitoring of findings especially root cause analysis and steps taken to prevent a repeat of failures. There is a major focus on the firms own internal review process
Executive Level Professional: Auditing and Accounting:
- External Auditing
- Financial Advisory
- Internal control systems
- Human Resource management
- Executive level communication
- Audit and accounting professional with 24 years of experience (16 years at partner/director level).
- In depth industry experience in mining, manufacturing, government and parastatals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at Board and Audit committee levels.
- Technical proficiency.
Since September 2000: KPMG Inc. – Audit Partner
Key Performance Areas:
- Audit partner responsible for service delivery to audit, accounting, tax and advisory clients.
- Ensuring compliance to audit, accounting and firm standards
- Ultimate responsibility for delivery of quality work on time and on budget.
- Head of Audit function for regional office which included financial management and risk management roles.
- All aspects of client interaction, including marketing of services and communication at Board and Audit Committee levels.
- Interaction with stakeholders in private and public sector.
B. Com (Hons.), Master of Business Leadership (MBL), CA(SA), Registered Auditor
Industry and client experience (Selection):
- Food processing company exporting to Europe and USA – Audit partner
- Maize milling and marketing company with turnover in excess of R1 billion – Audit partner
- Chrome Mine and related Ferrochrome smelter with an annual turnover in excess of R2 billion – Audit partner
- Audit, Accounting, Tax and Advisory services to a large number of smaller companies, Trusts and individuals.
- Two Universities – Audit partner
- Provincial Development Corporation, incorporating development finance, housing finance, mining and transport operations – Audit partner
- Auditor general of South Africa – Assistance with the audit of government departments and Municipalities as well as acting as pre-issuance reviewer (Engagement Quality Review).
- Various Municipalities – Partner responsible for advisory services including preparation of financial statements, audit readiness, accounting and internal control assistance and other management assistance functions including implementation of the Municipal Support Programme (MSP)